Candle Care

Do not keep the 2oz format burning for more than 1 to 2 consecutive hours. The container may become very hot due to the small size of the container.

- Recycle your glass jars by hand-washing them with mild soap and hot water. Once your candle is finished, the amber jar can be reused.

Give it a second life by transforming it into an original cocktail glass, coffee mug, plant or cactus pot, or even a nifty container for storing your favourite jewellery.

To fully enjoy your SOJA&CO. candle, we recommend that you burn your candle for 1 to 2 hours the first time you light it. Why? Soy wax has a good memory! Therefore, if your candle is extinguished before allowing a complete melt (the soy wax has melted all the way through the middle of the jar), all future uses will not exceed the diameter of the "first time" use, leading to a deep hole in the wax and hours of lost burning time.

Also, always keep the wick trimmed to about 1/4" prior to lighting it.

Shop our Wick-Trimmers here.

 

Never leave a burning candle unattended or near flammable objects, children or pets. Do not burn more for more than 4 consecutive hours (if you discolour the wax and black residue appears on the container).

Throw away the rest of the candle when only 1/4" of wax remains (but remember to keep the jar!)

 

Wood Wick

- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface;

- Do not burn in a draught and near flammable materials;

- Never leave the lit candle unattended or within reach of children and animals;

- Do not extinguish the candle until the entire wax surface has melted, otherwise the candle may form a tunnel, which will result in an uneven and incomplete burn of the wax.

- It is recommended to burn about 3 hours at a time, not more / never more than 4 hours/cycle.

- Remove pieces of matches, charred wick, or any other element that has fallen on the surface or in the wax bath.

 

Especially in the case of wooden wicks :

- Cut the wood wick at 1/8" - 3/16"; if the wick is too long, the flame will diminish or even go out;

- If there is an accumulation of ash at the end of the wick, it must be removed before relighting the candle. Sometimes if there is too much ash build-up then the flame becomes small & once the ash is removed - the flame comes back to life.

-Simply do not leave any debris in the candle and follow all standard safety precautions.